Curtis Hutchens’ knowledge comes from years of resolving first party property disputes. Curtis can find the most efficient route to a resolution, whether that depends on understanding legal issues, the parties’ goals or helping to adjust expectations.
Mr. Hutchens is an AV Martindale Hubell preeminent lawyer and a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil and County Court mediator. He also serves the legal community as a Florida Bar Grievance and Fee Dispute Mediator and Arbitrator. He has earned the insurance industry designation of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU). He also served the legal needs of Citizens Property Insurance and Nationwide Mutual Fire, Citizens Property and their policyholders, where he resolved thousands of lawsuits through mediation, arbitration and negotiations.
He’s been fortunate to have worked with, learned from and been trained in the art of mediation by the some of the best and most well respected mediators in Florida and the United States. Curtis has practiced law in Florida since 1989 and now maintains a virtual multi-state ADR practice. He is also available in person, anywhere in the state, as needed.
Additionally, Curtis Hutchens is a Qualified Arbitrator in all Florida Judicial Circuits. He has the knowledge and experience to resolve disputes with reasoned awards in many types of arbitrations including:
- Arbitrations pursuant to the excess and surplus line commercial property policies with a mandatory arbitration provision.
- Florida State Court non-binding first property arbitrations as ordered by the court.
- Arbitrations under various Florida State agencies including the State Attorney’s lemon law dispute program for RVs BMWs and Fords
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio, 1973
- University of Miami, School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified as Circuit Civil and County Mediator by the Supreme Court of Florida
- C.P.C.U. Charter Property and Casualty Underwriter, The institutes
- Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member and Board member, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Member, Certified Property Casualty Underwriters Society, CPCU
- Member, WIND, Windstorm Insurance Network
- Board of Director and Executive Officer, Windstorm Insurance Network
- DeMers Panel Arbitrator and Mediator for the Florida Office of the Attorney General CAPS Motor and RV Dispute Program
- Mediator, Florida Department of Financial Services
- Bad Faith Regional Counsel for Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Spokesperson for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to the Florida legislatively created Task Force for Prompt Resolution of Hurricane Property Disputes.
- Panelist, Resolute Systems, LLC
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida