Hal Wotitzky, Esq. is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the gold standard in attorney ratings, which recognizes lawyers rated by their peers for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards. Only 8% of all lawyers hold an AV Preeminent Rating. He has a peer review rating of 4.7/5.0 and a client review rating of 5.0/5.0. He has mediated over 4000 cases since 1994 and is recognized for his dedication and persistence in managing difficult people in the most contentious disputes. He is known for the insight, persistence, dedication, and sense of humor he brings to his practice.
Mr. Wotitzky has extensive experience mediating complex multi-party disputes.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator since 1994.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator since 1995.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator since 1994.
- Co-founded Mediation Education, LLC (ME) in 2010. ME is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediation training provider for the Circuit Civil Mediator Certification Course. ME also provides CME and CLE training.
- Approved by the DRC as a Primary Trainer for Circuit Civil Mediator Certification Training.
- Workshop presenter, the Dispute Resolution Center (DRC) 19th Annual Conference for Mediators and Arbitrators, Orlando, Florida, 2011.
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator.
Below are some of the areas where Mr. Wotitzky has successfully mediated cases:
- Business torts including unfair competition, trade secret theft, contract interference, fraud, and professional malpractice.
- Employment matters including breach of contract, restrictive covenants, discrimination, and others.
- Real property, probate, and contract disputes.
- Disputes between partners, limited partners, shareholders, and joint venturers, including dissolution of partnerships and corporations.
- Trusts and estates including will and estate contests, breach of fiduciary duty, undue influence…
- Insurance including coverage and bad faith issues.
- Home Owner Associations and Condominium Associations.
- Mediated over 350 commercial and residential insurance disputes (all types) arising out of the 2004/2005 hurricane season.
- Mediated multi-party case initiated as a Bert Harris Jr. Act claim in addition to multiple declaratory and injunctive relief claims based on violations of both Florida’s Sunshine Laws and of the County Charter following the County’s adoption of a more restrictive overlay which the Defendants’ claimed devalued their properties.
- Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act, Chapter 681 Fla. Stat., and Brach of Express Warranty cases under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, MMWA, 15 U.S.C. Sect. 2301 (d)(1).
- “Special Magistrate” in matters arising pursuant to application for relief under the Florida Land Use and Environmental Dispute resolution Act (FLUEDRA), Section 70.51, Fla. Stat. (2008) involving Development Orders and Development Permits.
- Mediated the termination of a Spendthrift Trust involving a large family business.
- Mediated a case wherein a maintenance worker employed by a golf course was seriously injured when a water tank he was performing maintenance on suddenly exploded causing serious injuries to himself and a co-worker.
- Mediated high conflict high asset divorce involving long term marriage with minor children, family business, investment property, spousal support, retirement accounts and parenting plan.
- Arbitrated first party insurance action pertaining to the partial collapse of a public building involving several million dollars in damages.
Honors, Memberships, and Professional Activities
- Serves on the Mediator Qualifications Board (MQB). Appointed to the MQB by Chief Justice Barbara J. Pariente on January 30, 2006.
- Served on the Qualifications Complaint Committee (2010).
- Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals an association whose membership consists of ADR professionals distinguished by their hands-on experience in the field of civil and commercial conflict resolution, and by their commitment to the practice of alternative dispute resolution. Membership is by invitation only and limited to attorney mediators and arbitrators who have proven experience in the field.
- Member of the Florida Circuit-Civil Mediator Society, Florida’s premier roster of distinguished attorney-mediators.
- Past Adjunct Professor, Impac University, MBA Program.
- The Florida Bar (Dispute Resolution Section).
- America Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section).
- Charlotte County Bar Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Peace River Harbor Heights Rotary Club.
- Former C.A.R.E. Board Member (Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies).
Background and Education
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law 1985
- B.A., Speech Communications, University of Florida 1982
- Admitted to practice in Florida
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Middle District, Florida
- Certified Mediator U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
DIY Divorce Mediation