Leslie A. Berkoff is a Partner with the firm where she serves as the Chair of the firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice Group, the former Co-Chair of the Litigation and Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group, and serves on the firm’s Management Committee. In the restructuring space, she concentrates her practice in chapter 11 cases, bankruptcy litigation and corporate workouts where she represents a variety of corporate debtors, trustees, creditors and creditor committees both nationally and locally.
Ms. Berkoff’s Dispute Resolution practice has her frequently serving as an ad hoc and panel mediator. Leslie serves on the Mediation Panels for the Eastern and Southern Districts of the United States Bankruptcy Courts in New York, the United States Bankruptcy Courts in Delaware and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, as well as the Commercial Mediation Panel for Nassau County, Nassau County Bar Association and Bronx County.
Ms. Berkoff is a trained arbitrator and serves on the American Arbitration Association’s National Roster of Commercial Arbitrators and Mediators, the AAA-ICDR International Panel and is a member of the AAA-ICDR Council. Ms. Berkoff also serves as a member of the Second Circuit United States Court of Appeals Pro Bono Appellate Mediation Panel and is a Special Master in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, First and Second Judicial Departments Mediation Programs.
Ms. Berkoff has been appointed by Judges in both the New York County and Nassau County Courts as a Receiver and Special Master. Prior to joining Moritt Hock & Hamroff LLP, Ms. Berkoff served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jerome Feller, United States Bankruptcy Judge in the Eastern District of New York, from 1991 to 1993 and to the Honorable Allyne R. Ross, Federal Magistrate Judge in the Eastern District of New York, from 1990 to 1991.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D. 1990
- State University of Albany, B.A. 1987 cum laude
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation’s (IWIRC) Past-chair 2004-2008
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Healthcare Insolvency Committee, Co-Chair from 2008 to 2011
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Mediation Committee, Co-Chair 2018 to 2020
- American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Contributing Editor, Mediation Matters, Quarterly Column, 2017 to present
- American Bar Association, Chair of the Dispute Resolution Committee of the Business Law Section, Vice-Chair 2018-2021, Chair April 2021 to present
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Bankruptcy Study & Policy Committee, member 2015 to present; Program Committee Chair 2017-2019, Vice-Chair, 2020 to present
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Business Law Today, Contributing Editor, Dispute Resolution
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow, October 2015 to present
- New York State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section’s Mediation Committee, member 2017 to present, Co-Chair of the Mediation Committee, June 2018 to June 2020, Co-Chair of the Ethical Issues and Ethical Standards Committee, June 2020 to June 2022
- New York State Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, member 2015 to present, Member of the Executive Committee May 2020 to present, Member of the Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, October 2021 to present
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member of the ADR Advisory Council, June 2022 to present
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member of the Bankruptcy Law, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committees 1993 to present, and former Chair Bankruptcy Committee 2002 to 2004
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization, September 2020 to present
- New York City Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Committee, 2018 to present
- Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW), 2016 to present
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, 2019 to present