Alex Heatherley is a member of A New Way Mediation in Pflugerville Texas, where his focus is education mediation. Alex’s long career as a public school teacher and college professor over the past 30 years prepared him for this very special area of focus, where he has a great understanding of the needs of the students, the familes and the administration, as he acts as a third party neutral when mediating.
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Master’s degree, 2003
- Wichita State University, Education, 1998
- The University of Tulsa, Bachelor’s degree, Anthropology, 1989
- Developed curricula for a new Education Program at Del mar College in 2009- Present:
- Education Program Director and Associate Professor of Education- Del Mar College 2009-Present
- Advised students in degree plans and transfer plans
- Certified Level two in Japanese reading, writing and speaking.
- Second Degree black belt in Kendo- Japanese samurai sword fencing.
- Consultant for College Board