Izak C. Rosenfeld, Esq. is a US, Canadian, and Australian lawyer, having been admitted to practice as an Attorney in New York, Washington DC, the US Supreme Court, and as Corporate Counsel in Virginia; a Barrister and Solicitor in Ontario (Canada); and a Lawyer in Victoria (Australia). Izak has been involved in a variety of dispute resolution processes, including complex commercial litigation, commercial arbitration, and mediation matters. He currently sits as an Arbitrator (Public) with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), a mediator with the International Mediation Institute (IMI), an Associate Judge – Awards and Subgrants for the American Bar Association (ABA), and a member of the ABA Pro Bono Taskforce.
Izak received his Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne Law School, where he was on the management committee of the Melbourne Journal of International Law. Izak also spent a semester on exchange at McGill University, where he was an Associate Editor with the McGill Journal of Dispute Resolution, and an Outreach Associate with the McGill Journal of International Law and Legal Pluralism. He holds a BA in Philosophy and Linguistics from The University of Melbourne.
Izak worked in commercial litigation and corporate law at a full-service firm in Toronto, Canada, and at a professional services law firm in New York.
Izak is Assistant General Counsel for the MITRE Corporation – a leading technology nonprofit, engaging in research and development in the public interest – where he provides strategic guidance on corporate compliance and advises on contracts, data privacy, technology transactions, and disputes. Prior to MITRE, Izak served as the global in-house compliance and contracts counsel for Access Now (an international digital rights nonprofit).
- University of Melbourne Law School, Juris Doctor (JD), 2017
- McGill University Faculty of Law, JD Exchange, 2016
- University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Arts (BA), Double Major in Philosophy and Linguistics, 2013
- The College of Law Australia, PLT – Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility, 2022
- UMass Global, Professional Certificate – Management, Non-Profit/Organizational Management, 2022
- Allegis Group, Professional Certification (Cert. IV) – Financial Services, 2012
- Haileybury College, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, 2010
Licenses & Certifications
- June 2023 Admitted as Corporate Counsel (Part II) in Virginia.
- May 2023 Admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States.
- March 2023 Admitted as a lawyer in Victoria Australia.
- Attorney and Counselor at Law, Washington DC, 2022
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe (CIPP/E), IAPP -International Association of Privacy Professionals, 2023. Barrister and Solicitor, Ontario, Canada, 2019
- Attorney and Counselor at Law, New York, 2018
- Associate (A.CIArb), Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member (M.AiADR), Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AiADR)
- Member (M.CMI), Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Professional (P.RI), Resolution Institute (RI)
- Member (M.AICD), Australian Institute of Corporate Directors (AICD)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) International Law Section’s Corporate Counsel Committee
- NYSBA Dispute Resolution Section’s International Dispute Resolution Committee
- NYSBA Corporate Counsel Section’s Pro Bono, Diversity, and Technology Committees
- New York City Bar’s In-House Counsel and International Law Committees
- The ABA Young Lawyers Division’s International Law, Corporate Counsel, and Dispute Resolution Committees,
- The ABA International Law Section’s Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Digital Rights Committee
- National Lawyers’ Guild International Committee
- The Association of Corporate Counsel’s International Legal Affairs Network