Mr. Jay Safier is a neutral, third-party mediator that helps litigants with resolving their disputes, using a non-adversarial approach to assist the parties in negotiating the outcome so they’re satisfied with the resolution.
Jay has been involved in matters covering the representation of clients before taxing authorities, shareholder disputes, and forensic investigations, and has also been called upon as an expert witness.
In his practice, he’s been involved in assisting clients with resolving internal business disputes arising from:
- Contract Interpretations
- Partnership Disputes
Mr. Jay Safier is a R.1:40 qualified mediator on the New Jersey Superior Court’s Roster of Mediators for Civil, General Equity and Probate Cases. He is also a member of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators. Jay has over 50 years of professional experience providing accounting, auditing, tax, estate & business consulting services to a diverse group of closely-held businesses, high-net-worth individuals and nonprofit organizations.
- The Bernard M. Baruch College of the City University of New York, MBA, Taxation, 1977
- NYU Stern School of Business (formerly School of Commerce), BS, Accounting, 1969
Areas of Focus
- Accounting and Auditing
- Estate Planning and Business Consulting
- Representation of Clients before Taxing Authorities and Shareholder Disputes
- Forensic Investigation
- Expert Witness
Associations & Certifications
- Retired Member-Chartered Global Management Accountants (CGMA)
- Retired Member-Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Retired, Fellow of the American Board of Forensic Accounting for the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute (FABFA)
- Former member of the New Jersey chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and the Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Member of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (formerly American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Actively licensed CPA in New York State; inactive in Connecticut
- Active Member of New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants