Ms. Kathleen Merlo has mediated communication and negotiated compromise between industries and lawmakers for 20 years, prior to becoming a professional mediator. She has worked in various industries but focused primarily on health care, working with all levels of industry leadership in industry and government.
She now serves as a Pre-trial mediator and Parenting Coordinator throughout Maryland and focuses on child access cases in mediation. In Florida, she is a Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator and can work as a Parenting Coordinator.
Areas of Focus
- Consumer Goods
- Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, Doctor of Law (JD), Health Law
- American University, Master of Arts (MA), International Law and International Communications
- Chestnut Hill College. Bachelor of Science (BS), Cognitive Psychology
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2021
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Arbitrator, 2019
- District Court of Maryland, Mediator, 2019
- Maryland Parenting Coordinator Frederick County
- Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, National and Maryland Chapters
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Garrett County, Maryland Bar Association