What Is A Domestic Violence Enhancer?
In the US, domestic violence is violence between family members. Such as bad relationships among couples or siblings quarrels. Child abuse is also domestic violence, including attacking someone or beating someone in a family. Parents’ or siblings’ cruelty also counts as violence. Official and local institutes of anti-violence consider it a serious violence problem among families in the US.
Due to this US creates many organizations that protect families from domestic violence. They help people and enhance awareness of it. In this article, we will discuss domestic violence enhancer in detail.
A person or offender commits a crime if he hurts someone with whom he has personal or emotional relation. Partners, unmarried couples, friends, and ex-spouses are all in an emotional relationship.
It does not matter if they live together or not, but if in an emotional relationship offender hurts someone, it considers a serious crime. Property damage, physical torture, mental torture, emotional torture, and harassment are all crimes of a domestic violence offender. The US has announced serious charges and sentences for domestic violence enhancers.
You can file a domestic violence claim against the criminal if the violence starts or someone is trying to harass you. Penalties or charges for domestic violence can increase, but it depends on the type of violence and its effects on the victim.
- For example fight between you and your girlfriend. If you push her and she falls and gets injuries.
- If you discover an affair of your girlfriend with someone else and in anger you abuse her.
- After a breakup slapping your spouse or beating with some weapon.
If you avoid the law and continue domestic violence, penalties and sentences will be harder and more serious.
As a separate offense, domestic violence is not illegal in Colorado. As an “enhancer” or “aggravator,” domestic abuse may increase a criminal charge in the country. This suggests that the punishment for the underlying illegal acts is increased. This is indicative of the seriousness of the issue of domestic violence.
Colorado Revised Statute 18-3-204 was used to file charges against the defendant. The maximum penalties for a Class 1 misdemeanor are one year, six months in jail, and a $1,000 fine. If the third-degree assault stems from a domestic violence incident, prosecutors are more likely to push for harsh penalties, such as life in prison.
All sexes are victims of domestic violence, but the number of females is more than males. The rate of domestic violence among female victims is increasing day by day. They become victims of violence due to physical abuse by a partner. In the US, this rate of violence is increasing among low-income families. Approximately 60% of females become victims of physical torture by their husbands or spouses.
- Share awareness as much as you can
- Discover the truth and share it with everyone
- Maintain good relationships with your friends and neighbours
- Research any organization or program against domestic violence and keep in contact with them
- Gather evidence about domestic violence
- Gain more knowledge about it
- Educate people about its consequences and different types of violence
- Teach others and learn how to maintain a good relationship with family and friends
- Build a strong friendship with adults and strong people than you
- Aid people who are financially unstable and if there are chances of violence
Follow these steps to avoid domestic violence. This guide will greatly help you and other victims of violence.
Domestic violence affects the child and victims in the long term.
- They are afraid for their safety and lose their confidence.
- The physical or emotional abuse of siblings or friends can cause children insecurity from future friends or partners.
- This can lead them to depression and anxiety.
- They will always think about their safety from siblings and all loving members of their family.
- They can hate everyone and become introverts.
18% of kids in America face this problem. They are the victims of physical violence from family members. Researches show that it badly impacts the child’s mental and physical growth. They can become unstable mentally and physically.
Victims can take action legally against the offender by creating a protection order. They can contact a domestic violence lawyer for help in filing a case. The court will not allow the offender to contact the victim or the victim’s children. He even can not decrease the distance between himself and the sufferer. The protection order will not allow criminals to purchase harmful gadgets or weapons.
After investigating the case, the court can issue a non-permanent protection order against the criminal. If the offender seems to be a risk to the sufferer, the court will issue this order.
Class 2 misdemeanour is a charge of violating the law for the first time. The court can issue a fine of two hundred and fifty dollars and a punishment of more than one year in prison for the offender. A fine of two thousand and 500 dollars and one and half years in prison is a charge of Class 1 misdemeanour. This punishment is for repetitive offenders.
In a calm environment, give some time to the victims and discuss their sufferings. Please encourage them to take legal action against domestic violence offenders. If they want more time for conversation, don’t hesitate and listen to all their problems and help them.
You can help them by sharing the contact details of a trustable and experienced lawyer. Leave the victim alone if he doesn’t want to share something or is in a bad mood.
Commonly there are 3 phases of domestic violence:
- Start of tension and depression
- Regret and extramarital affair
- Occurrence of abuse
Domestic abuse is not a separate crime in Colorado, unlike in several other states. Additional proof, including a prior criminal history, is necessary when domestic abuse is charged. Any crime committed against a previous or current intimate partner is subject to the penalty.
One way to show your disapproval of domestic violence is by wearing a purple ribbon. Speak up to stop the abuse of women and children. More women are hurt by intimate partner assault in the US than by traffic accidents, hustlers, and illness.
- Organize anti-violence programs
- Share knowledge about domestic violence
- Start schooling and spread valuable information
- Be critical and question the situation
Domestic abuse is a serious crime worldwide, and its prevalence is alarming. If the victim is sufficiently frightened, domestic violence charges may be filed. As a result of domestic violence enhancements, the original penalty and sentence may be increased.
Consult a competent criminal defence attorney immediately if you’ve been charged with domestic abuse. They will be able to provide you with sound advice on how to defend yourself according to your situation.